Protect Your Investment with First Choice
Area rug cleaning and oriental rug cleaning is an art. The wrong cleaning method can damage fibers or cause colors to fade or bleed. Your area and oriental rugs are a big investment, and the focal point of decor in any room. That's why you need a professional like First Choice to assess and clean your area rug the right way.
Why Professional Area and Oriental Rug Cleaning is Important
Area and oriental rugs can be made of one or any combination of fibers, such as wool, nylon, cotton, and others. There is also a difference between machine-made and hand-woven rugs. Without professional cleaning, sand and dirt can grind deep into the rug's base, causing friction that wears away the fiber. Keeping your rug clean extends its life in addition to improving its appearance.
Our Professional Strategy for Cleaning Area and Oriental Rugs
- We first determine the rug's country of origin and how susceptible it is to shrinking, bleeding or brown-out.
- First Choice applies its stain removal expertise to area and oriental rug cleaning as part of your professional service.
- We use a colorfast shampoo to prevent browning and then pre-spray the rug to emulsify the dirt to the surface.
- For rugs that are bleeders, we spray a color stabilizer on the rug prior to cleaning to lock in the colors and prevent bleeding.
- We also use a solvent solution after cleaning to keep fibers soft.
- We block the rugs to prevent shrinking and dry them with turbo dryers
- Finally, we apply a solvent protector to seal your fabric.
Tips to Extend the Life of Your Oriental and Area Rugs
- Just like spinning your mattress every season, spin your oriental rug 180 degrees every 6 months to prevent wear paths.
- Vacuum your rug regularly to lift out abrasive grit and particles that can compromise the integrity of the fibers.
- Have your rugs cleaned annually by First Choice to deep clean the full length of the pile and remove oils and particles that age your rug.